Now everybody knows I suck at math,but I DO know if you take a Kung Fu Master, and have him play the role of a Kung Fu Master, it will add up to a MASTERPIECE! Jackie Chan delivers the best acting performance of his Career,and in my opinion "Oscar"worthy. For a few years now, the only voice of reason and common sense we've heard in the media comes out of the mouth of Dr. Phil, and now, we have Mr. Han. "Kung Fu is in Everything you do, how you treat people, how you act", and Jackie Chan has led by example as a Hero and a Mentor to millions for decades...I am one of the lucky ones who can say they had the Honor of shaking that man's hand and personally saying Thank You! (I wish Mr. Han was there in the theatre tonight to teach respect to that punk-ass "Text- er" in the row in front of me...Take out your phone! Turn it off! Put it in your pocket! Now take it out! Turn it on! Text a friend!Now turn it off! Put it back in your pocket!Now take it back out! etc. etc.)
Jaden Smith is a by-product of Family Values and Work Ethic. The triple threat of a leading role, doing All his own stunts, and then performing on the soundtrack,clearly shows the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
Amazing locations and flawless casting of the villains...Wow the look of anger and evil in their eyes,was just like the eyes of the bullies we all went to school with.(and some of my co-workers)
I did however feel the movie started off a little shaky and found it hard to settle into the ride. kind of like when a buddy picks you up in their car and as they speed down the road you are still fumbling around searching for the seat belt but once you are buckled in,it's all good. The "Focus" could have used a little more focus!
Otherwise, a great re-imagining of a Hollywood classic, and I declare The Karate Kid...
Meeting Jackie Chan in L.A. on the set of Rush Hour 3
No comments:
Post a Comment