Thursday, December 16, 2010

Been a long time...You have no idea....

I didn't really see too many movies in the theatre growing up, however, my Dad brought home 2 movies a night when he bought the classic RCA pop top VCR. One night he had TRON... It said on the box the movie was in "STEREO" and I looked over at the old Kenwood receiver/turntable combo and it gave me an idea no-one in my family had ever attempted, and my Dad will tell you...if I get an idea in my head...that's it and there really is no stopping me. It was a new frontier...watching movies AT HOME...in STEREO!!!!  just like the movie theatres...I was able to twist my Dad's arm and we got a Radio Shack "Y"cord and plugged the VCR into the AUX jack.We hit play, turned it up...and there I was jumping around the living room...so happy that it worked, and I was glued to the screen.Tron blew my mind!

That was 28 years ago... And if you told me back then I would be working in movies and on a sequel to this classic...I would have blown my whistle yelling STRANGER!!! STRANGER!!! haha

But there I was...on the set of TRON LEGACY...Everyday was incredible....Everyday was tough! Every day pinching myself...Everyday I felt a responsibility to every Fan of Tron out there to do everything within my pay grade to make this a success,and give it all I had knowing how cool it was to be there.

 Imagine being on a 747 and the pilots hand you the controls and trust you to land the plane.That is exactly what Joe Kosinski did with his Directorial debut.This is STYLISH from beginning to end...The score was so rich and creamy...I was worried it all was going straight to my hips...I had eargasm after eargasm with the sweetest analogue sounding score I have ever heard in a theatre...Everyone was great!!! Everything looked amazing beyond words...The movie took its time...allowing us to just soak in and savor all the eye-candy,and feel the emotions of the characters and experience the SCALE and SCOPE of the scenes that play out like you are standing on the edge and looking out over the grand canyon...
Fluid and liquid,and taking chances with cutting edge techniques, and cast and crew who are the top of their field pushed to bring everything they had...the passion, vision and emotion of everyone,is clearly seen and felt from beginning to end.
TRON LEGACY does not disappoint!!!  I have never been so proud to have been a part of something so Epic..I am very grateful!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment